HYDROPHILIC COATING HYDRAX®
Hydrax® product range is a versatile coating system applicable to many substrates used in medical devices. Hydrax® attracts and retains water to the surface. It enhances the surface lubricity and reduces possible tissue trauma.
Hydrax® technology is primarily designed to enhance interventional procedures in coronary, peripheral, and neurovascular therapies, due to excellent lubricity and low friction properties.
Hydrax® is the result of more than 10 years of research and development in the hydrophilic coating field. Our ultraviolet (UV) technology coatings are manufactured under ISO 13485.
Our polymer expertise allowed us to design a hydrophilic coating with longer durability and low particulate release under stress.
Hydrax® provides a reduction of friction, improves pushability, trackability, and crossability. The coating is biocompatible, non-cytotoxic and does not induce thrombogenicity. It is designed to enhance the use of the medical device by the specialist. Moreover, Hydrax® product range brings advanced navigation, taking the physical and mechanical properties of the device to the maximum.
- Coronary and Peripheral interventions: percutaneous coronary transluminal angioplasty (PTCA), percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA), thrombus extract, intravascular ultrasound (IVUS)/Guidewires, stent and stent-graft delivery systems, introducer sheets, and TAVI systems.
- Urology: Intermittent catheter, Foley catheters, Urology stents, and indwelling urinary catheters.
- Neuroradiology: embolic protections, neuro guide wires, neuro microcatheters.
- Ophthalmology: intraocular lens (IOL) cartridges
The anti-fouling coating is designed to repel proteins, bacteria, and cells over a prolonged period. The coating can be applied to many polymer surfaces used in diagnostics, molecular and cell biology research, and cell culture systems.
The Anti-fouling coating is bonded to the substrate surface and has an extensive shelf life. This coating is biocompatible, non-leaching, and does not trigger any thrombogenic or immune response.
Beneficial applications of our anti-fouling coating technology:
- Point-of-care testing (POCT)
- Microtiter plates
- Cell culture medium and systems
LVD BIOTECH Anti-microbial coating is designed to attract and kill bacteria upon contact. It is developed using our proprietary polymer technology and provides a durable surface to many substrates including medical-grade PDMS (silicones) and Metals.
The coating is bonded to the surface generating electrostatic forces capable of attracting bacteria and killing on surface contact.
The coating is very suitable for applications that demand antimicrobial surface properties to implantable devices for medium and short term duration such as:
- Indwelling urinary catheter
- Trauma material: plates, screws, fixators.
- Silicone implants: foley catheters, breast implants.